7/16/08

Life is not so sweet oh

Have been away for sometime now..handling my business and getting ripped off..first a student dies in an accident after an outing,and the wonderfully irrational indigenes felt we(corpers and teachers) were the murderers and came after the school in a rampage..the aftermath been that i had to run like i had not in a long time, and eventually when that didnt work out; i had to hide in a bush..i think a snake came down on me so i had to run out and keep running again.. I lost my Nokia E61 and had to pay 5000 to get that and my sim back..and to think that i thought i was going to finish NySc without any spectacular event..I know this all sounds colourful but believe me it was that bad..they had all sort of jazzy phizzle..the emphasis been on the jazz(if you know what I mean).
After that comes the Teacher's strike which made me seriously 'idle' but fortunately for me i stumbled artfully into a movie outing and a visit to Taqwa Bay..least to say i had a little fun out of the whole strike and at least i could wake up whenever i wanted..no Assembly,moral talk, floggin my students..my arms and limbs have had a well deserved rest..
The downside of it all is that am absolutely and unequivocally (permit the big grammar) B*R*O*K*E..the type with the Big Letters..since school is on strike,no visible help from there and did i mention that I no longer worry my parents for anything apart from transport and feeding and dressing and pin money and church money..lol..just kidding but i had to make do cos I spent the money I had on an outfit for a party i didnt end up attending (cos it be small boys party..mo de ti n pe nle) and believe me i have no one to blame but my greedy self..living above my means..I mean am just a teacher for Christ's sake.
Anyway in case you have not been to the movies to see PROM NIGHT then you don't know what you are missing and I suggest you find yourself a way to get there and see it..not every movie comes out looking nice in all those pirated 7 or 22 in 1 dvds' peeps are fond of buying..why don't you treat yourself and feel the beauty of the movie with the ambience and all the sound effects..(yeah, I know I sound like a bad advertorial

I got a text message from my childhood boyfriend..I quote:
'Imitation is limitation.Procastination is the fertilizer that makes difficulties grow.
Living a double life will get you nowhere twice as fast.Adversity has its advantages.
Know your limits,then ignore them.The only place to start is where you are.
There is no future in the past.Do what people say cant be done.'
Is he trying to pass a message..say for instance; am I procastinating to get back with him or marry him..cos I can recall certain proposals..Am I living a double life? dating someone else while am with him,but I guess the point is there is no future in the past so I have to face the present. Or was he just trying to inspire me? I don't think so..For some reason he spent 10# getting that to me.Couldnt he just have said ''Hi, S'alafia lo wa''?

No comments: